Providing an animal with a temporary home until it finds a permanent one is an invaluable service. Living in a kennel environment can be very stressful for animals. If they have the opportunity to live in a home environment, it helps them relax and enables us to know their true personalities. This enables us to have a better understanding of the type of forever home they need, it makes the transition easier, and it helps them get adopted.
We greatly appreciate and understand the importance of being a foster parent.
Completing this application is the best way to ensure that we are making an informed decision regarding the animal placed under your care, so we can determine the best possible match for you and the animal.
Please understand that completing an application does not guarantee that an animal will be placed in your foster care.
Foster parent approval process and requirements:
1. Submit a Foster Application
2. Have prior experience with the specific breed of animal you are interested in fostering.
3. Everyone living in the home needs to meet the animal.
4. Home visit / yard check
5. Be at least 18 years of age
6. Show government issued photo I.D.
7. Sign Foster Care Agreement